Ten reminders for those who preach and teach God’s Word courtesy of Nathan Busenitz over at the Cripplegate:
- Effective ministry consists not of fads or gimicks, but of faithfully preaching the truth.
- Preaching is a far more serious task than most preachers realize.
- Faithfulness in the pulpit begins with the pursuit of personal holiness.
- Powerful preaching flows from powerful prayer.
- Passionate preaching starts with one’s passion for Christ.
- The preacher is a herald, not an innovator.
- The faithful preacher stays focused on what matters.
- The preacher’s task is to make the text come alive for his hearers.
- The preacher is to be Christ-exalting, not self-promoting.
- Faithful preaching requires great personal discipline and sacrifice.