Here are ten reasons I came across in my Scripture reading today why you, my Christian friends, have no reason to fear:
- Jesus commands all things – “…Then He got up and rebuked the winds and the sea. And there was a great calm.” – Matthew 8:26
- We have received the Spirit of adoption – “All those led by God’s Spirit are God’s sons. For you did not receive a spirit of slavery to fall back into fear, but you received the Spirit of adoption, by whom we cry out, ‘Abba, Father!'” – Romans 8:14-15
- Our suffering is producing for us an absolutely incomparable eternal weight of glory – “For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worth comparing with the glory that is going to be revealed to us.” – Romans 8:18
- God works all things together for our good, i.e. – our conformity to Christ – “We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God: those who are called according to His purpose. For those He foreknew He also predestined to be conformed to the image of His Son…” – Romans 8:28-29
- God is for us – “What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us?” – Romans 8:31
- God will give us all that is necessary for life and godliness – “He did not even spare HIs own Son but offered Him up for us all; how will He not also with Him grant us everything?”
- God has chosen us, justified us, and Christ Jesus intercedes for us – “Who can bring a charge against God’s elect? God is the one who justifies. Who is the one who condemns? Christ Jesus is the One who died, but even more, has been raised; He also is at the right hand of God and intercedes for us.”
- Nothing can separate us from God’s unconquerable, all-satisfying love – “No, in all these things we are more than victorious through Him who loved us.” – Romans 8:37
- God is faithful – “But the Lord is faithful; He will strengthen and guard you from the evil one.” – 2 Thessalonians 3:3
- God is with us so God commands us – “Do not be afraid or discouraged” – Joshua 8:1 and Joshua 1:9.
“You are to regard only the LORD of Hosts as holy.
Only He should be feared;
only He should be held in awe.”