I came across this the other day and plan on using it tonight for our family devotions. It is called, “No More Crying” and is an annotated outline of one of J.C. Ryle’s sermons for children. I am sharing it with you in hopes you will do the same for your family.
Today we’re going to talk about three places:
- A place where there is a lot of crying
- A place where there is nothing but crying
- A place where there is no more crying
There is a place where there is a lot of crying.
- The world we live in (John 16:33 … in this world you will have trouble …)
- What makes you cry? Why do we cry?
- Sin ultimately caused crying … pain, sickness, hurt, loneliness, death resulted from the fall
There is a place where there is nothing but crying.
- Where do you think that is?
- Hell is the place where there is constant crying (“weeping and gnashing of teeth”)
- Hell is real, it is not made up – Jesus spoke about it more than anyone
- Why do all people deserve to go there? (Read Romans 6:23)
- How can we escape this horrible place?
There is a place where there is no more crying.
- Do you know where this is?
- Do a Sword Drill (look up Revelation 21:4 – volunteer read)
- What do you think heaven will be like? … Bible gives us some clues (Rev. 21:10-27)
- What’s the best part about heaven? – Jesus is there!
Do you know that Jesus cried when he was on earth?
- When did Jesus cry?
- Remember the story of Lazarus (May want to refer to John 11:1-44)
- Jesus cried for those he loved
- Jesus is a man and knows what it feels like to be sad and cry
- Jesus is also God and He gives us life
- Jesus said, “I am the resurrection and the life. Whoever believes in me, even though he dies, yet he will live, and everyone who lives and believes in me will never die.” (John 11:25-26).
- How can you live forever in heaven? Believe in Jesus!